04 November 2008

november 4, 2008



For those of you wondering whether the U.S. presidential election is big news around the world, I give you today's headlines in Korea. I may not be able to read the front page, but I can certainly identify photos of Barack Obama and John McCain when I see them.

Italy is also apparently keeping a keen eye on the election details and when we talked with some Italian friends this weekend they wanted to know what happened with the "zia" of Barack.

Just to put things in perspective, how about naming the president of South Korea... without using google. Extra credit goes to anyone who can name his opponent in the most recent election.

As I post this entry, Americans are waking up and heading to the polls... and making the news that we'll all read about tomorrow.

No comments: