17 October 2006

siamo ritornati



Some 24 hours after leaving our friends' Bangkok apartment, we were back in Milan. They're two different worlds, these places. Two. Different. Worlds.

Bangkok makes Milan look like a quaint town. Makes it smell like an odor-free laboratory. Makes it sound like a home with an only child vs. Bangkok's playground at recess.

Bangkok is a hectic traffic jam of culture and crowds, crazy and sane, low and luxe. It's gorgeous and insistent and stifling hot. And I think I love it.

In fact, I think I love Thailand on the whole. It's been a whirlwind romance between us and I'm about to write my first love letter. About to splay my feelings about this place and it's people. The rain drops and buddhas. The warm ocean and the watermelon juice. The monks in orange and the wats in gold. All the things I can't shake off...

Where do I begin?

No comments: